The High Commission for the Republic of South Africa in Canada and the
African Studies at Carleton University invite you to the "Africa Dialogue
Africa's Future: Can Sub-Saharan Africa Overcome its Severe Challenges?
Prof. Robert I. Rotberg (Carleton University and Harvard University)
When: Monday, 19 November 2012
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Where: Humanities Theatre, 303 Paterson Hall,
University, Ottawa, ON
("PA" on campus map, http://www2.carleton.ca/campus/)
Refreshments will be served
Prof. Robert I. Rotberg is Fulbright Research Chair in the Norman Paterson
International Affairs (NPSIA) this term and the Founding Director of
School's Program on Intrastate Conflict. He is the author a number of
most recent being Transformative Political Leadership: Making a Difference
Developing World (Chicago, 2012) and Mass Atrocity Crimes: Preventing Future
Outrages (Brookings, 2010). His Africa Emerges: Consummate Challenges,
Opportunities appears next year. The Africa Dialogue Series at Carleton
seeks to promote the better understanding and discussions of current
facing the African continent. Through an informed presentation concerning
one of the
complex and substantive policy issues facing policy-makers and societies
at large in
the continent, the series aims to engage students and the wider public in
Ottawa-Gatineau in a dialogue concerning the implications of global issues
The Africa Dialogue Series is jointly organized by the South African High
in Canada and Carleton University's Institute of African Studies.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2016 (339)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- The Centre for Women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Studies ...
- Tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose...
- Colloquium Series - Diaspora and Transnational Stu...
- 5th European Conference on African Studies, 2013
- Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013 (UTS...
- Tim Harrison Talk - November 28
- Centre for Ethnography Talk with Amira Mittermaeir...
- RA Session // Moments of Suspension, Moments of Tr...
- SSEA Symposium Weekend Schedule November 30-Decemb...
- CFHSS/FDSH: Communique: November 2012
- CIHR-IPPH November e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin novembr...
- University of Saskatchewan - tenure track job
- Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies: Winter 2013...
- CFP: Edited Volume(s) on International Anthropolog...
- UN Trust Fund to EVAW/G 17th Grant Cycle
- Student Anthropologist - Call for Papers and Peer ...
- Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events - U of T
- Nov. 21 CDTS Talk with Dennis Rodgers
- Call for Abstracts: York U Anthropology Graduate C...
- Cascadia Seminar Dec 1 2012 CFP Deadline
- Upcoming Talk: Bruce Curtis, Carleton University
- Students for International Development is recruiti...
- APLA & NAPA Career Panels
- Travel study courses in Kenya, May 2013
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Pacific Women in Business Conference
- Upcoming Talk: Africa=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Future:...
- Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequal...
- The Role of Women in Urban Food Security, Namibia
- Émergence du Leadership féminin (Empowerment de la...
- Joint colloquium on Mayor Marian Dewar
- MEDICAL ANTHROPOLOGY M.A. STUDENTS WANTED FOR Q?EQ...
- Panel Discussion/ Book Launch "Demystifying the Mo...
- The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Co...
- Association of Professional Archaeologists (APA) A...
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COUNCIL NEWS
- Narratives and Collective Memory Lecture - Univers...
- Forum international d'architecture vernaculaire/Ve...
- Friday November 9: Esmeralda Thornhill, "Race" Lit...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute - Upcoming Events
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- REMINDER-RAPPEL: November 8, 2012 Panel du 8 nov...
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)