Position #: VPA-ARTO-2012-001
The Faculty of Arts and the Labrador Institute invite applications for a
tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose Bay, Labrador. The
successful candidate will have a deep interest in the history, culture and
people of Labrador, and will bring a commitment to research and community
engagement to the position. Candidates with expertise in linguistics,
archaeology, anthropology, sociology or folklore are encouraged to apply.
The Tenure-Track position will normally commence July 1, 2013, subject to
budgetary approval, and will be made at the rank of Assistant Professor. All
positions normally require a completed doctoral degree in the appropriate
discipline. A completed earned doctorate (or recognized terminal
qualification in the discipline) is required for the appointee to receive
the rank of Assistant Professor and to be in a tenure-track position. (If a
successful candidate has not completed an earned doctorate, he/she shall be
appointed to a regular term, non-renewable three-year appointment at the
rank of Assistant Professor. If the candidate completes all the
requirements for the doctorate during the first 24 months of the term
appointment, he/she shall begin a tenure-track appointment following
completion of the requirements of the degree.). Letters of application ,
accompanied by a current curriculum vitæ, a teaching dossier, the names and
addresses of three persons who can supply a letter of reference should be
forwarded to Dr. Lynne Phillips, Dean, Faculty of Arts, Memorial University
of Newfoundland, 230 Elizabeth Avenue, St. John¹s, NL, Canada, A1C 5S7;
Telephone: (709) 864-8254; email: email@example.com. The application must
provide evidence of excellence in teaching and research. Applications should
reach the Dean no later than January 11, 2013.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (213)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- The Centre for Women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Studies ...
- Tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose...
- Colloquium Series - Diaspora and Transnational Stu...
- 5th European Conference on African Studies, 2013
- Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013 (UTS...
- Tim Harrison Talk - November 28
- Centre for Ethnography Talk with Amira Mittermaeir...
- RA Session // Moments of Suspension, Moments of Tr...
- SSEA Symposium Weekend Schedule November 30-Decemb...
- CFHSS/FDSH: Communique: November 2012
- CIHR-IPPH November e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin novembr...
- University of Saskatchewan - tenure track job
- Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies: Winter 2013...
- CFP: Edited Volume(s) on International Anthropolog...
- UN Trust Fund to EVAW/G 17th Grant Cycle
- Student Anthropologist - Call for Papers and Peer ...
- Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events - U of T
- Nov. 21 CDTS Talk with Dennis Rodgers
- Call for Abstracts: York U Anthropology Graduate C...
- Cascadia Seminar Dec 1 2012 CFP Deadline
- Upcoming Talk: Bruce Curtis, Carleton University
- Students for International Development is recruiti...
- APLA & NAPA Career Panels
- Travel study courses in Kenya, May 2013
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Pacific Women in Business Conference
- Upcoming Talk: Africa=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Future:...
- Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequal...
- The Role of Women in Urban Food Security, Namibia
- Émergence du Leadership féminin (Empowerment de la...
- Joint colloquium on Mayor Marian Dewar
- MEDICAL ANTHROPOLOGY M.A. STUDENTS WANTED FOR Q?EQ...
- Panel Discussion/ Book Launch "Demystifying the Mo...
- The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Co...
- Association of Professional Archaeologists (APA) A...
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COUNCIL NEWS
- Narratives and Collective Memory Lecture - Univers...
- Forum international d'architecture vernaculaire/Ve...
- Friday November 9: Esmeralda Thornhill, "Race" Lit...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute - Upcoming Events
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- REMINDER-RAPPEL: November 8, 2012 Panel du 8 nov...
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)