Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events
Canada and The Caribbean: Empire and Decolonization
Presents: Stephane Martelly
Interviewing and Writing in the Life Stories Project (Haiti): Knowledge of
Violence, Knowledge of Creation:
"Life Stories of Montrealers Displaced by War, Genocide, and other Human
Rights Violations ("Montreal Life Stories") is an oral history project
exploring Montrealers' experiences and memories of mass violence and
displacement. From 2007 to 2012, a team of both university and
community-based researchers recorded life story interviews with more than
500 Montreal residents." http://www.lifestoriesmontreal.ca/
When: Thursday November 22, at 4:00 pm.
Where: Women's Studies Lounge, 2nd Floor, Wilson Hall
Sponsored by: The department of History and the Caribbean and Canadian
Studies Programs, U of T.
For more information Contact Sean Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Caribbean History Reading Group is pleased to host Bethan Fisk (Ph.D.
Candidate in History, U of T), "Disposing of the Holy Host: The Trials and
Execution of Feliz Fernando Martinez". Please join us for Bethan's
interesting paper followed by a discussion.
Thursday, November 22, 2012, 7.00-9.00 pm
Meeting space generously provided by Accents on Eglinton, 1790 Eglinton
Avenue West, M6E 2H6.
Everyone is welcome. For more information contact email@example.com
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (213)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- The Centre for Women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Studies ...
- Tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose...
- Colloquium Series - Diaspora and Transnational Stu...
- 5th European Conference on African Studies, 2013
- Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013 (UTS...
- Tim Harrison Talk - November 28
- Centre for Ethnography Talk with Amira Mittermaeir...
- RA Session // Moments of Suspension, Moments of Tr...
- SSEA Symposium Weekend Schedule November 30-Decemb...
- CFHSS/FDSH: Communique: November 2012
- CIHR-IPPH November e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin novembr...
- University of Saskatchewan - tenure track job
- Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies: Winter 2013...
- CFP: Edited Volume(s) on International Anthropolog...
- UN Trust Fund to EVAW/G 17th Grant Cycle
- Student Anthropologist - Call for Papers and Peer ...
- Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events - U of T
- Nov. 21 CDTS Talk with Dennis Rodgers
- Call for Abstracts: York U Anthropology Graduate C...
- Cascadia Seminar Dec 1 2012 CFP Deadline
- Upcoming Talk: Bruce Curtis, Carleton University
- Students for International Development is recruiti...
- APLA & NAPA Career Panels
- Travel study courses in Kenya, May 2013
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Pacific Women in Business Conference
- Upcoming Talk: Africa=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Future:...
- Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequal...
- The Role of Women in Urban Food Security, Namibia
- Émergence du Leadership féminin (Empowerment de la...
- Joint colloquium on Mayor Marian Dewar
- MEDICAL ANTHROPOLOGY M.A. STUDENTS WANTED FOR Q?EQ...
- Panel Discussion/ Book Launch "Demystifying the Mo...
- The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Co...
- Association of Professional Archaeologists (APA) A...
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COUNCIL NEWS
- Narratives and Collective Memory Lecture - Univers...
- Forum international d'architecture vernaculaire/Ve...
- Friday November 9: Esmeralda Thornhill, "Race" Lit...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute - Upcoming Events
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- REMINDER-RAPPEL: November 8, 2012 Panel du 8 nov...
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)