Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013
The Centre for Ethnography (CE) at the University of Toronto at
Scarborough (UTSC) is accepting applications for their annual
Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing. Writing is a key component of the
work of an anthropologist, but it takes time and benefits from some
distance from the fieldwork itself, and from other obligations. In
recognition of this fact the CE introduced a Fellowship in
Ethnographic Writing in 2010. We are now seeking applications for the
Fall Term of 2013, to be held at UTSC.
The recipient of this award is expected to devote their time fully to
writing and may not teach or hold any other form of employment during
the tenure of the award. They are expected to attend all talks and
colloquia at the CE, to work several days a week on campus at UTSC,
and to contribute a presentation of their work in progress to the
colloquia. In addition, the Fellow will be available to coach students
completing an undergraduate writing assignment, in tandem with a
professor teaching a core introductory course. This work will be
limited to 5 hours in total.
Applicants should supply a statement of no more than 5 double-spaced
pages describing their writing project, indicating the stage that it
is at, and precisely what they wish to accomplish during the duration
of the Fellowship. Explicit attention to questions of genre,
narrative, and audience are welcome but not essential. Successful
applicants will either be at the post-doctoral stage (engaged in
transforming a thesis into a book or articles) or in the final stages
of completing the doctoral thesis. All applicants must have completed
their doctoral fieldwork and have already submitted significant
portions of their dissertation to their committee. The current stipend
is set at $10,000 for a period of ten weeks.
The closing date for this competition is March 1, 2013. Please send
all applications, as well as the names of two referees, electronically
to the Centre for Ethnography <email@example.com>.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- The Centre for Women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Studies ...
- Tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose...
- Colloquium Series - Diaspora and Transnational Stu...
- 5th European Conference on African Studies, 2013
- Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013 (UTS...
- Tim Harrison Talk - November 28
- Centre for Ethnography Talk with Amira Mittermaeir...
- RA Session // Moments of Suspension, Moments of Tr...
- SSEA Symposium Weekend Schedule November 30-Decemb...
- CFHSS/FDSH: Communique: November 2012
- CIHR-IPPH November e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin novembr...
- University of Saskatchewan - tenure track job
- Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies: Winter 2013...
- CFP: Edited Volume(s) on International Anthropolog...
- UN Trust Fund to EVAW/G 17th Grant Cycle
- Student Anthropologist - Call for Papers and Peer ...
- Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events - U of T
- Nov. 21 CDTS Talk with Dennis Rodgers
- Call for Abstracts: York U Anthropology Graduate C...
- Cascadia Seminar Dec 1 2012 CFP Deadline
- Upcoming Talk: Bruce Curtis, Carleton University
- Students for International Development is recruiti...
- APLA & NAPA Career Panels
- Travel study courses in Kenya, May 2013
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Pacific Women in Business Conference
- Upcoming Talk: Africa=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Future:...
- Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequal...
- The Role of Women in Urban Food Security, Namibia
- Émergence du Leadership féminin (Empowerment de la...
- Joint colloquium on Mayor Marian Dewar
- MEDICAL ANTHROPOLOGY M.A. STUDENTS WANTED FOR Q?EQ...
- Panel Discussion/ Book Launch "Demystifying the Mo...
- The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Co...
- Association of Professional Archaeologists (APA) A...
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COUNCIL NEWS
- Narratives and Collective Memory Lecture - Univers...
- Forum international d'architecture vernaculaire/Ve...
- Friday November 9: Esmeralda Thornhill, "Race" Lit...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute - Upcoming Events
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- REMINDER-RAPPEL: November 8, 2012 Panel du 8 nov...
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)