Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequalities: Current Online
Discussions, UNICEF and UN Women
There are two online discussions currently taking place as part of the
Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequalities in the post-2015
development agenda, co-led by UNICEF and UN Women.
The purpose of the discussions is to gather views from a broad range of
stakeholders on issues related to major forms of inequalities as they
affect the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
1. The discussion on Development and Rights of lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender (LGBT) and intersex people began yesterday, on 5
November, and is co-moderated by Office of the United Nations High
Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the LGBT rights advocacy
organization ARC International.
2. The discussion on Gender-Based Violence launched on 17 October is
a joint discussion between the Addressing Inequalities consultation
(co-led by UN Women and UNICEF) and the consultation on the Impact of
Conflict, Violence and Disaster in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
(co-led by UNDP, PBSO UNICEF and ISDR).
The results of these discussions will be incorporated into a report on
â˜Addressing Inequalities in the Post-2015 Development Agendaâ™, to be
presented at a high-level meeting in February 2013 in Copenhagen. The
report will also be transmitted to the High-level Panel on Post-2015,
appointed by the UN Secretary-General.
These discussions follow our first online discussion on gender equality,
which closed last week and was extremely vibrant, thanks to the active
participation of a broad range of stakeholders, largely from civil
society. The discussion on gender-based violence is in its third week, and
promises to be equally as enriching. On 14 November, we will initiate a
new e-discussion on inequalities and persons with disabilities. We are
delighted that the conversation on the global platform has started with
such active participation in dealing with some of the pressing issues of
our time, reflecting a high level of engagement in the post-2015
The discussions are taking place on the joint civil society/UN facilitated
online platform www.worldwewant2015.org/inequalities
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- The Centre for Women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Studies ...
- Tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose...
- Colloquium Series - Diaspora and Transnational Stu...
- 5th European Conference on African Studies, 2013
- Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013 (UTS...
- Tim Harrison Talk - November 28
- Centre for Ethnography Talk with Amira Mittermaeir...
- RA Session // Moments of Suspension, Moments of Tr...
- SSEA Symposium Weekend Schedule November 30-Decemb...
- CFHSS/FDSH: Communique: November 2012
- CIHR-IPPH November e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin novembr...
- University of Saskatchewan - tenure track job
- Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies: Winter 2013...
- CFP: Edited Volume(s) on International Anthropolog...
- UN Trust Fund to EVAW/G 17th Grant Cycle
- Student Anthropologist - Call for Papers and Peer ...
- Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events - U of T
- Nov. 21 CDTS Talk with Dennis Rodgers
- Call for Abstracts: York U Anthropology Graduate C...
- Cascadia Seminar Dec 1 2012 CFP Deadline
- Upcoming Talk: Bruce Curtis, Carleton University
- Students for International Development is recruiti...
- APLA & NAPA Career Panels
- Travel study courses in Kenya, May 2013
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Pacific Women in Business Conference
- Upcoming Talk: Africa=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Future:...
- Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequal...
- The Role of Women in Urban Food Security, Namibia
- Émergence du Leadership féminin (Empowerment de la...
- Joint colloquium on Mayor Marian Dewar
- MEDICAL ANTHROPOLOGY M.A. STUDENTS WANTED FOR Q?EQ...
- Panel Discussion/ Book Launch "Demystifying the Mo...
- The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Co...
- Association of Professional Archaeologists (APA) A...
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COUNCIL NEWS
- Narratives and Collective Memory Lecture - Univers...
- Forum international d'architecture vernaculaire/Ve...
- Friday November 9: Esmeralda Thornhill, "Race" Lit...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute - Upcoming Events
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- REMINDER-RAPPEL: November 8, 2012 Panel du 8 nov...
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)