The Journal of the National Association of Student Anthropologists
*Call for Papers and Peer Reviewers: Submission Deadline January 14, 2013*
*Student Anthropologist *is the flagship peer-reviewed journal of the
National Association of Student Anthropologists (the largest organization
of anthropologist students in the world). It is an annual digital
publication. Students from all levels and disciplines are encouraged to
*Aim and Scope*
With each issue, *Student Anthropologist *will explore thematic areas and
new directions in anthropology from the perspective of the best young
anthropologists. We seek a plurality of voices from all subfields in each
issue. *Student Anthropologist *welcomes not only original research
addressing anthropological issues and problems but also submissions that
explore how anthropological skills, ideas, and ethnography can have an
impact on contemporary social issues.
We seek scholarly submissions from undergraduate and graduate students
worldwide, in particular those emphasizing anthropology's capacity to shape
public issues, social problems, and global realities. These submissions
should contain *original research*.
The two types of submissions accepted include:
*1. Scholarly articles*: under 6,000 words in length, subject to a peer
*2. Commentary submissions*: opinion or theory pieces that are the
original work of the author. Commentary submissions might include such
mediums as written pieces (approx. 2,000 words in length), photo essays (10
photos + 1,000 words of commentary in length) and videos/YouTube© clips
(10-minute maximum in duration + 1,000 words of commentary in length).
*Student Anthropologist *not only aims to publish excellent student
research but also to provide an avenue for professionalization for students
to become involved in journal processes. Students act as peer reviewers and
editors. Please email *firstname.lastname@example.org* if you would like to act as
a peer reviewer or get involved with other journal production opportunities.
Any student currently enrolled in a BA, MA, or PhD program is welcome to
submit original research to be considered for publication. While this is
an anthropology journal, students do not need to be enrolled in an
All submissions should include two separate documents:
1. A cover sheet containing the author's name, contact information,
paper title, student status and affiliation, and acknowledgments.
2. The manuscript should not have any identifying information; review
is double-blind. The document should be: double spaced and adhere to AAA
style. Please save the document with your last name as the document name.
Please also include:
1. A 250 word abstract
2. Three Keywords
Send submissions, as well as any questions, to the Editor, Jessica Hardin
and Laura Thompson, Peer Review Editor, at email@example.com.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (207)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- The Centre for Women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Studies ...
- Tenure-track faculty position to be based in Goose...
- Colloquium Series - Diaspora and Transnational Stu...
- 5th European Conference on African Studies, 2013
- Fellowship in Ethnographic Writing, Fall 2013 (UTS...
- Tim Harrison Talk - November 28
- Centre for Ethnography Talk with Amira Mittermaeir...
- RA Session // Moments of Suspension, Moments of Tr...
- SSEA Symposium Weekend Schedule November 30-Decemb...
- CFHSS/FDSH: Communique: November 2012
- CIHR-IPPH November e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin novembr...
- University of Saskatchewan - tenure track job
- Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies: Winter 2013...
- CFP: Edited Volume(s) on International Anthropolog...
- UN Trust Fund to EVAW/G 17th Grant Cycle
- Student Anthropologist - Call for Papers and Peer ...
- Nov. 22 Caribbean Studies Events - U of T
- Nov. 21 CDTS Talk with Dennis Rodgers
- Call for Abstracts: York U Anthropology Graduate C...
- Cascadia Seminar Dec 1 2012 CFP Deadline
- Upcoming Talk: Bruce Curtis, Carleton University
- Students for International Development is recruiti...
- APLA & NAPA Career Panels
- Travel study courses in Kenya, May 2013
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Pacific Women in Business Conference
- Upcoming Talk: Africa=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= Future:...
- Global Thematic Consultation on Addressing Inequal...
- The Role of Women in Urban Food Security, Namibia
- Émergence du Leadership féminin (Empowerment de la...
- Joint colloquium on Mayor Marian Dewar
- MEDICAL ANTHROPOLOGY M.A. STUDENTS WANTED FOR Q?EQ...
- Panel Discussion/ Book Launch "Demystifying the Mo...
- The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Co...
- Association of Professional Archaeologists (APA) A...
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COUNCIL NEWS
- Narratives and Collective Memory Lecture - Univers...
- Forum international d'architecture vernaculaire/Ve...
- Friday November 9: Esmeralda Thornhill, "Race" Lit...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute - Upcoming Events
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- REMINDER-RAPPEL: November 8, 2012 Panel du 8 nov...
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)