I would like to inform you about our summer 2009 field school in
Italy, the San
Gemini Preservation Studies Program, now in its 11th year, which is
dedicated to the
preservation of cultural heritage.
This year the program is sponsored by the Department of Art History
and Studio Arts
at John Cabot University (www.johncabot.edu <http://www.johncabot.edu/> ), an
American liberal arts university in Rome, in collaboration with the Historic
Preservation Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and other
Application deadline is March 15th.
Courses offered (3 credits each):
· Introduction to Art Restoration in Italy
· Surveying and Analyzing Historic Buildings
· Traditional Painting Methods and Restoration Techniques
· Preservation Theory and Practice in Italy
· Surveying the 12th Century San Giovanni Battista Church complex
· Surveying the Church of Santo Gemine
· Archaeological survey of the public baths in Carsulae
Our program offers both undergraduate and graduate credits and is open
from many disciplines. The program is taught in English.
If you know any students, scholars or others interested in this type
of study, please
inform them about our program. We would appreciate it if you could
list our program
on your organization's website as an available educational resource.
is a flyer that you may wish to post on your department notice board
or forward to
Thank you very much.
Director, San Gemini Preservation Studies
John Cabot University