CALL FOR PARTICIPATION (Boulder, CO, July 1-2): The National Center for
Research (NCAR) is a federally funded research and development center
service, research and education in the atmospheric and related sciences.
organize a workshop engagement with Indigenous communities in weather and
research and policy in the first week of July in Boulder, CO, and is
accepting applications. Note that the applications are due May 10.
will be made available to qualified participants. See more information on
in attachment. Any questions? Please contact Heather Lazrus
Bob Gough (email@example.com)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Rising Voices of Indigenous People in Weather and Climate Science Workshop
The challenges of understanding and responding to a changing climate and
weather necessitate broad engagement with diverse communities. As climate
has matured, it has moved toward a more inclusive dialogue where
policy makers work together with seasoned indigenous communities to define
out research programs that advance science and address community
National Center for Atmospheric Research is hosting a workshop on the growing
engagement of Native American, Alaska Native, and Pacific Island
climate and weather science, research, policy, and community response
The workshop will address the question: What are the elements of successful
co-production of science and policy in the fields of extreme weather and
change? The workshop will be conducted in collaboration with the
Climate Change Working Group (formerly the American Indian/Alaska Native
Change Working Group). Participants will be actively involved in
scientific engagement with Native American, Alaska Native, and Pacific Island
communities and will be from academic institutions, including tribal
universities, as well as government agencies and non-governmental
Travel support is available for a limited number of participants.
· WORKSHOP VENUE: National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR),
Laboratory, 3450 Mitchel Lane, Boulder, CO 80307
· WORKSHOP DATES: July 1-2, 2013
· APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications are due May 10, 2013. If you are
interested in participating in the Rising Voices workshop, please send the
information to Kris Marwitz (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone:
May 10, 2013:
o Name, affiliation, email address, mailing address, phone number
o A paragraph explaining how you have been and are involved in work
weather or climate issues that engages indigenous communities within the
o If you require financial support to attend the workshop, please
you need full or partial support (i.e., if you would be able to pay
airfare but not
· WORKSHOP GOALS:
o Identify lessons learned for, or barriers to, achieving successful
of science and policy by appraising the first-hand experiences of those
cross-cultural efforts to integrate indigenous knowledge and diverse
in climate and weather modeling and assessments;
o Foster and support collaborations between experts on cross-cultural
and NCAR scientists; and
o Promote student opportunities to work with NCAR scientists.
· For further information, please contact Heather Lazrus
or Bob Gough (email@example.com)
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (213)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- Workshop - Engaging Indigenous communities in Clim...
- Conference: Urban Metamorphoses: Landscapes of Pow...
- CFP - Peace and Conflict Studies in Anthropology
- 2 Student Prize Announcements
- CIHR-IPPH April e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin avril IRSC...
- EASA newsletter 59
- Conference 2013 - Canadian Association of African ...
- Conference in Cuba, November 2013
- CFP: Settler-Colonial Spaces: Thinking Across Indi...
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Reminder: Nomination to the Holberg International ...
- Toronto, May 10-11, American Academy of Religion (...
- Pre-Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award in Amer...
- Call for papers - Mining, Materiality and Cultural...
- Tim Ingold - Monday, April 15, Upcoming Public Lec...
- CLAGS Spring 2013 Seminar in the City: Queer(ing) ...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute in Montreal Celebrate...
- INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL: CULTURES, MIGRATIONS...
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Upcoming Talk: Architecture and Landscape
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Lincoln M. Alexander Award 2013
- Summer Field Schools
- CFHSS/CFSH: Communiqu=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9:?= April 2...
- AAA 2013 CFP
- AAA CFP: Globalized energy futures?
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- The Centre for Imaginative Ethnography (CIE) - eve...
- CFP - AAA Panel "Boundary Work: Scripting Property...
- CAUDP Annual Conference, April 17-18, 2013
- AAA CFP: Finding a Voice Latin American Indigeno...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2012 (301)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)