REMINDER: NOMINATION TO THE HOLBERG INTERNATIONAL MEMORIAL PRIZE 2014
The Board of the Ludvig Holberg Memorial Fund invites you to nominate
candidates to the Holberg International Memorial Prize 2014 for
outstanding work in the academic fields of the arts and humanities, social
science, law or theology. The prize for 2014 is NOK 4,5 million
(approximately EUR 610,000 USD 790,000*), and was established by the
Norwegian Government in 2003.
Letters of nomination must be sent to us by 15 June 2013.
How to nominate?
Scholars holding a senior position at universities and other research
institutions within the above mentioned academic fields are entitled to
nominate candidates for the Holberg Prize. The Holberg Prize Academic
Committee will base its assessment on the letters of nomination which must
state the reasons for the nomination (2 to 3 pages). Letters should also
contain a brief CV for the candidate and suggest referees who know the
scholar and his/her work.
Joint nominations do not strengthen a candidacy. Nominations are
For more information:
The award ceremony takes place in Bergen in June 2014.
Holberg Prize Laureates 2004 - 2013:
2013: Bruno Latour
2012: Manuel Castells
2011: Jürgen Kocka
2010: Natalie Zemon Davis
2009: Ian Hacking
2008: Fredric R. Jameson
2007: Ronald Dworkin
2006: Shmuel N. Eisenstadt
2005: Jürgen Habermas
2004: Julia Kristeva
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Solveig
Stornes, Project Manager Holberg Prize: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Sigmund Grønmo,
Chair of the Ludvig Holberg Memorial Fund
*Currency rates may change. Present rates from December 2012.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2017 (112)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- Workshop - Engaging Indigenous communities in Clim...
- Conference: Urban Metamorphoses: Landscapes of Pow...
- CFP - Peace and Conflict Studies in Anthropology
- 2 Student Prize Announcements
- CIHR-IPPH April e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin avril IRSC...
- EASA newsletter 59
- Conference 2013 - Canadian Association of African ...
- Conference in Cuba, November 2013
- CFP: Settler-Colonial Spaces: Thinking Across Indi...
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Reminder: Nomination to the Holberg International ...
- Toronto, May 10-11, American Academy of Religion (...
- Pre-Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award in Amer...
- Call for papers - Mining, Materiality and Cultural...
- Tim Ingold - Monday, April 15, Upcoming Public Lec...
- CLAGS Spring 2013 Seminar in the City: Queer(ing) ...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute in Montreal Celebrate...
- INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL: CULTURES, MIGRATIONS...
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Upcoming Talk: Architecture and Landscape
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Lincoln M. Alexander Award 2013
- Summer Field Schools
- CFHSS/CFSH: Communiqu=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9:?= April 2...
- AAA 2013 CFP
- AAA CFP: Globalized energy futures?
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- The Centre for Imaginative Ethnography (CIE) - eve...
- CFP - AAA Panel "Boundary Work: Scripting Property...
- CAUDP Annual Conference, April 17-18, 2013
- AAA CFP: Finding a Voice Latin American Indigeno...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2012 (301)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)