Upcoming public lecture, University of Ottawa
Living Research Conference
Public Lecture in French and in English, University of Ottawa
As part of the conference Living Research: Reflexivities, Positionalities
and Transformations, the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at the
University of Ottawa, and Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Associations, and Student Anthropological Community of Ottawa present:
Tim Ingold, Chair of Social Anthropology, University of Aberdeen
"Dreaming of Dragons and the Imagination of Real Life."
4:00 pm, Monday, April 15, 2013
Social Science Building
University of Ottawa, Ottawa ON
Location: Social Science Building, room 4007Campus maps
Wine and cheese to follow.
For more information on Tim Ingold's work see:
Tim Ingold's theoretical interests include: Ecological approaches in
anthropology and psychology; comparative anthropology of hunter-gatherer
and pastoral societies; human-animal relations; theories of evolution in
anthropology, biology and history; relations between biological,
psychological and anthropological approaches to culture and social life;
environmental perception; language, technology and skilled practice;
anthropology, archaeology, art and architecture; the anthropology of lines
For more information on the Living Research: Reflexivities,
Positionalities and Transformations Confrence, see: livingresearch.ca
The Living Research Conference is organized as part of the inauguration of
the new Social Sciences Building which begins at 13:00 pm, in Room 4006,
Social Science Building, Monday, April 15th, and runs to Tuesday, April
The University of Ottawa's new Social Sciences Building includes a
spectacular new Biofilter wall. At six stories high, this is the tallest
living Biofilter wall in North America. The wall is located in the
beautiful skylit atrium and can also be seen from outside the building.
For more information, see:
Participation in this event is free. Registration is appreciated. Please
consult livingresearch.ca for more information and to register.
Registration is not required.
Parking available on campus
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Monday, April 15, 2013
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2016 (338)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- Workshop - Engaging Indigenous communities in Clim...
- Conference: Urban Metamorphoses: Landscapes of Pow...
- CFP - Peace and Conflict Studies in Anthropology
- 2 Student Prize Announcements
- CIHR-IPPH April e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin avril IRSC...
- EASA newsletter 59
- Conference 2013 - Canadian Association of African ...
- Conference in Cuba, November 2013
- CFP: Settler-Colonial Spaces: Thinking Across Indi...
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Reminder: Nomination to the Holberg International ...
- Toronto, May 10-11, American Academy of Religion (...
- Pre-Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award in Amer...
- Call for papers - Mining, Materiality and Cultural...
- Tim Ingold - Monday, April 15, Upcoming Public Lec...
- CLAGS Spring 2013 Seminar in the City: Queer(ing) ...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute in Montreal Celebrate...
- INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL: CULTURES, MIGRATIONS...
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Upcoming Talk: Architecture and Landscape
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Lincoln M. Alexander Award 2013
- Summer Field Schools
- CFHSS/CFSH: Communiqu=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9:?= April 2...
- AAA 2013 CFP
- AAA CFP: Globalized energy futures?
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- The Centre for Imaginative Ethnography (CIE) - eve...
- CFP - AAA Panel "Boundary Work: Scripting Property...
- CAUDP Annual Conference, April 17-18, 2013
- AAA CFP: Finding a Voice Latin American Indigeno...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2012 (301)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)