Elsie Clews Parsons Prize
American Ethnological Society
Graduate Student Paper Prize
Deadline: December 1, 2013
The AES Board invites individuals who are students in a graduate
degree-granting program (including M.A. and Ph.D.) to submit stand-alone
papers demonstrating outstanding ethnography for consideration for the
Elsie Clews Parsons Prize. Papers should engage with AES core commitments
to combining innovative fieldwork with rich theoretical critique.
AES awards a cash prize of $300 and the winner will be invited to present
the paper at the AES annual meeting. $200 will also be provided to offset
the cost of travel. The prize winner will be announced in Anthropology
News and the winner will be acknowledged at the annual AES spring
Papers should not exceed 8,000 words (including notes and references) and
should follow AAA style guidelines:
unpublished manuscripts not currently under review elsewhere. Submission
is open to current students and those who received their degree in 2013.
Please submit two pdfs: One containing a cover sheet with the author's
name, contact information, paper title and acknowledgments and the other
containing the paper's title, text, notes and references but not otherwise
identifying the author. Papers will be read in a double-blind process by a
committee of AES members. The committee members will be identified when
the prize winner is announced.
Submissions and questions should be sent to Jessica Hardin
*2013 Student Paper Prize in the Anthropology of Religion*
The Society for the Anthropology of Religion is pleased to announce the
first annual student paper prize in the anthropology of religion. The
student paper prize is aimed towards recognizing and encouraging student
writing of compelling ethnography on religion. This prize is intended to
foster theoretically significant, ethnographically rich, and
publicly-oriented work by scholars at an early stage in their career.
Any paper written by an undergraduate or graduate student involving the
anthropology of religion is eligible, if was prepared for the 2013 American
Anthropological Association in Chicago or the recent Society of
Anthropology of Religion meetings in Pasadena. Books are not eligible for
this competition, nor works in which religion is of secondary or nominal
The prize will be awarded at SAR's Business Meeting at the American
Anthropological Association Annual Meeting in November, 2013. The recipient
will receive a certificate and a $200 cash prize. The deadline for
submissions is October 15th, 2013.
To submit a paper for consideration, please send an electronic copy to Adam
Dunstan, Chair of Student Paper Prize Committee, at
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2016 (344)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- Workshop - Engaging Indigenous communities in Clim...
- Conference: Urban Metamorphoses: Landscapes of Pow...
- CFP - Peace and Conflict Studies in Anthropology
- 2 Student Prize Announcements
- CIHR-IPPH April e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin avril IRSC...
- EASA newsletter 59
- Conference 2013 - Canadian Association of African ...
- Conference in Cuba, November 2013
- CFP: Settler-Colonial Spaces: Thinking Across Indi...
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Reminder: Nomination to the Holberg International ...
- Toronto, May 10-11, American Academy of Religion (...
- Pre-Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award in Amer...
- Call for papers - Mining, Materiality and Cultural...
- Tim Ingold - Monday, April 15, Upcoming Public Lec...
- CLAGS Spring 2013 Seminar in the City: Queer(ing) ...
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute in Montreal Celebrate...
- INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL: CULTURES, MIGRATIONS...
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Upcoming Talk: Architecture and Landscape
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- Lincoln M. Alexander Award 2013
- Summer Field Schools
- CFHSS/CFSH: Communiqu=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9:?= April 2...
- AAA 2013 CFP
- AAA CFP: Globalized energy futures?
- AAA 2013 CFPs
- The Centre for Imaginative Ethnography (CIE) - eve...
- CFP - AAA Panel "Boundary Work: Scripting Property...
- CAUDP Annual Conference, April 17-18, 2013
- AAA CFP: Finding a Voice Latin American Indigeno...
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2012 (301)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)