Director of Research and Chief Operating Office (COO)
Closing Date: October 12, 2010
For Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications please see advertisement at:
Fulltime position. Salary Range: $95,324 - $111,324, depending on
Please apply in writing to: The North South Institute, 55 Murray, Suite
Ontario, K1M 5M3 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 613-241-7435
Candidates must have:
• A post graduate degree (doctoral level highly desirable) economics,
science, or another in development-related discipline with broad training and
research experience of at least 10 years.
• Considered an expert or authority in a field relevant to the Institute's
with an exemplary record of research achievement.
• Detailed knowledge of current policy development-related issues and the
relate the policy agenda to NSI's research program.
• Ability and willingness to supervise multidisciplinary project teams,
establish policy research networks embracing other institutions and
• Demonstrated ability to generate research funding.
• Strong conceptualization and leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Working knowledge of both official languages. The capacity to work in other
languages is desirable.
• Experience living and working in other cultures is desirable.