Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
Anthropology–Assistant Professor Competition: ANTH - 2011
The Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences at the University of
British Columbia, Okanagan Campus, invites applications for a professorial
appointment in Cultural Anthropology at the rank of Assistant Professor,
tenure-track , to begin July 1st, 2012 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The position will be held in Community, Culture and Global Studies
in the Barber School
We are seeking to fill a position in Cultural Anthropology with a
candidate who has a strong background in anthropological method and
theory. He/she should have an established research program preferably in
anthropology of gender and/or globalization. Candidates with a commitment
to teaching, including introductory anthropology courses as well as one or
more of the following would best meet our program needs: anthropology of
gender, kinship and social organization, anthropology of religion, applied
The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to our
graduate teaching and supervision.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All
persons are encouraged to apply. We especially welcome applications from
visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with
disabilities, persons of
minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the
skills and knowledge
to engage productively with diverse communities.Canadians and permanent
residents of Canada will be given priority. All appointments are subject
to budgetary approval.
UBC is consistently ranked among the world's top 40 universities, and the
UBC system comprises two distinct campuses in the province of British
Columbia–one in Vancouver and one in Kelowna. UBC's Okanagan campus is
located in the city of Kelowna, situated at the heart of the Okanagan
Valley in the southern interior of the province. The Okanagan campus has
over 7,000 students in six faculties, including strong graduate programs
at all levels. The Okanagan is connected by direct flights to major
Canadian and USA cities and the region is considered one of the desirable
regions to live in Canada
How to Apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of
teaching ability (e.g., course evaluations), program of research, and the
names and contact information of three referees. All documents must be
submitted as e-mail attachments and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is January 1, 2012. Preferred formats are
Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf). Please put the
competition title on the subject line of the e-mail and declare whether
you are legally entitled to work in Canada. Applications will be reviewed
beginning on January 4. The process will continue until the position is
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Monday, November 21, 2011
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2017 (213)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (301)
- Job Posting/Emplois - University of Calgary
- CIHR-IPPH Nov e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin nov IRSC-ISP...
- Call for submissions A&E Annual Rappaport Student ...
- Propositions pour ACEA/CAAS Call for Papers: date ...
- CASCA: Job posting/Emplois - University of Calgary...
- CASCA: Job posting/Emplois
- The latest issue of Culture is out/Le nouveau num=...
- Job Opp & Event | Occasion d'emploi et Événement
- Reminder: Free public screening of 35mm ethnograph...
- uOttawa, Canada - Chercheure invit=?iso-8859-1?Q?=...
- CASCA: Photos for website/photos pour le site web
- University of Toronto Press reception at AAA
- Travel Grant: John Hope Franklin Research Center
- Ethnographic Terminalia
- ASA/JNU conference CFP opens
- CHFSS/La FCSH - Communiqu=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9?= Nov...
- IUAES relaunch of membership services
- Panel: Genre, Jeunesse et M=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9dias_...
- L'ICREF recherche une nouvelle directrice g=?iso-8...
- CALL FOR PAPERS - 12th EASA Biennial Conference
- Free public screening of 35mm ethnographic film: S...
- EASA conference (European Association for Social A...
- CIHR-IPPH Oct e-Bulletin | e-Bulletin oct IRSC-ISP...
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)