Calling gender experts: UN Women announces new Roster of Gender Experts
Posted on May 29 2013
29 May 2013, Santo Domingo — UN Women, in collaboration with theUN System
Staff College, today launched a call for experts to sign up to its new UN
Women Expert and Trainer Roster initiative, an online database of experts
who are available, as a global pool of gender experts, to work for UN
The roster is a powerful platform that will help identify existing talent
from around the world who can support UN Women's work," added Clemencia
Muñoz Tamayo, Chief of the Training Centre and Country Representative for
the Dominican Republic.
The UN Women Training Centre is the UN's leading centre of excellence in
training and in setting global standards in training for gender equality.
UN Women is inviting experts and trainers (individuals, not firms) on
gender issues to share their professional experience and knowledge.
Currently, the registration is open to specialists in the areas of gender
equality, economic empowerment, political participation, peace and
security, and HIV/AIDS. The database is expected to expand to provide more
opportunities to register in other subject areas.
The roster aims to help UN Women identify and mobilize a diverse range of
experienced professionals and trainers on gender equality from around the
Details on how to apply and become part of this roster are available here.
To register, visit: http://unwomen.unssc.org/sites/set_language/eng/
Crisis Governance Programme Specialist
Crisis Governance Unit - Governance and Rule of Law Group
Bureau for Crisis Prevention and Recovery
United Nations Development Programme
One UN Plaza, DC1-428 New York, NY 10017
Phone: +1 (212) 906-6439
Fax: +1 (212) 906-5379
www.undp.org Follow us:
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (115)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- EURIAS (senior/junior) Fellowships - 2014-15 acade...
- Two Conferences
- Two CFPs
- SH=?iso-8859-1?Q?=CDSH=C1LH?= Archaeological Resea...
- Strategic Grant Development Workshop/Sociolinguist...
- CIHR/IRSC - E-Bulletin - June 26, 2013 | le 26 jui...
- Champlain Colloquium: History and Memory of an Enc...
- Call for chapters: Migration by Boat: theories, p...
- CASCA: Job postings/Offres d'emploi
- Beall's list of predatory publishers
- Afghan women=?iso-8859-1?Q?=92s?= rights activist ...
- Association for Feminist Anthropology - SYLVIA FOR...
- SOFJA KOVALEVSKAJA AWARD
- Session CFP / AdeC (Deadline Extended) Universitie...
- Saving the Centre for Studies in Social Justice - ...
- Calling gender experts: UN Women announces new Ros...
- Association for Research in Cultures of Young Peop...
- CFP: Urban Encounters: Art and the Public (Halifax...
- ▼ June (18)
- ► 2012 (301)
- ► 2011 (237)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)