The Department of Anthropology, University of Waterloo, seeks a
cultural anthropologist for a definite term position at the rank of
Lecturer, from September 1, 2011 through June 30, 2013. A PhD is
preferred but consideration will also be given to candidates who are
ABD who possess teaching experience. The department has a flourishing
undergraduate program and a Master's program in Public Issues
Anthropology. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute
to both and should be prepared to teach introductory and advanced
courses in cultural anthropology. Salary commensurate with
qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin
August 1, 2011 and will continue until the position is filled. To
apply, use our online application system at
https://artsonline.uwaterloo.ca/OFAS/ANTH/. Applications must include
a cover letter, curriculum vitae, the names and contact information
for three referees, teaching evaluations or other evidence of teaching
quality, teaching and research statements, and a sample paper or
publication. Enquiries may be directed to Professor Maria Liston,
Chair, Department of Anthropology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo,
Ontario N2L 3G1 Canada
Additional information concerning the Department of Anthropology can
be found at http://anthropology.uwaterloo.ca. All qualified candidates
are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents
will be given priority. The University of Waterloo encourages
applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members
of visible minorities, native peoples, and persons with disabilities.
This appointment is subject to the availability of funds.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Friday, July 8, 2011
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2017 (194)
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (301)
- IPPH July E-bulletin | E-bulletin de juillet ISPP
- Visiting Aboriginal Scholar position - Carleton
- Appel de textes/Call for papers_Diversit=?iso-8859...
- CASCA: Jobs/Emplois
- CASCA: Job/Emplois: The Department of Anthropology...
- Conference announcement
- RAPPEL / REMINDER : CRIAW 35th Anniversary/ 35e An...
- Some WCAA association news
- CDP conference in Prato, Italy: Draft program now ...
- New Women's Network Listserv / Nouvelle liste de d...
- CASCA: Job Postings/Emplois
- Educating the Leader and Leading the Educated - Sy...
- CIHR-IPPH / IRSC-ISPP: June E-Bulletin / E-Bulleti...
- Conference on 50 years of the pill in Canada: What...
- CFP- Erotic Mobilities
- 6 juillet 2011- July 6, 2011, 13h-14:30 - Univers...
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)