Department of Women's Studies
University of Victoria
Assistant Professor in Health and Wellbeing
The Department of Women's Studies at the University of Victoria
invites applications for an entry-level tenure-track position at the
assistant professor level, commencing July 1, 2011. Preference will be
given to a specialization in health and wellbeing from an integrative
feminist perspective (the discipline is open). The successful
candidate will have a Ph.D. or equivalent, a record of feminist
scholarship, a demonstrable commitment to teaching in an
interdisciplinary, undergraduate and M.A. Women's Studies program.
Further, as a member of a small department, the candidate will be
expected to share in administrative duties both at the departmental
and university level. The department is strongly committed to both
excellence and equity and to increasing the diversity of approaches
and perspectives in teaching and research. Thus, diversity and equity
issues will be a factor in the selection process.
Applications must include: a complete CV; the name and address
(including email, fax, and telephone numbers) of at least three
referees whom the department may contact; copies of selected relevant
publications; and summaries of teaching evaluations. Please send
applications (paper only, no email submissions) to:
Dr. Annalee Lepp
Chair, Department of Women's Studies
University of Victoria
Box 3045 STN CSC
Victoria BC V8W 3P4
Closing date for application is September 15, 2010.
The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages
applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible
minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and
genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification
of the University.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in
accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Friday, August 6, 2010
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2016 (344)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (301)
- ► 2011 (237)
- CASCA: 2011 Census/recensement 2011
- Call for Papers
- Liberal Arts Conference Update
- CFP for Curatorial Dreams: Critics Imagine Exhibit...
- Robert Paine (more follow-up)
- Please Ignore: Just a test
- Robert Paine (follow-up)
- Final deadline for Nomination Holberg Prize 2011 i...
- Appel de soumission pour Monde des femmes 2011
- Call for a new boundary-crossing network: Anthropo...
- CALL FOR AUTHORS: Encyclopedia of Consumption and ...
- Childhoods Conference: Mapping the Landscapes of C...
- Call for Papers - Special Issue - NEXUS: The Canad...
- Dalhousie University - Job Posting
- special edition-IPPH-July-ebulletin-ISPP-juillet-n...
- Robert Paine
- International Conference on the Liberal Arts
- Assistant Professor in Health and Wellbeing - Univ...
- Publications Release Aboriginal Policy Research In...
- CASCA list serve
- Call for Research Proposal Reviewers
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)