> Society for Socialist Studies
> New Scholars Session
> Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences
> Fredericton, 31 May – 03 June 2011
> Call for Papers
> The most recent crisis of capital poses an immense set of
> challenges. Neoliberalism is deepening, chronic hunger is widespread
> and ecological degradation continues apace. Opportunities have
> nevertheless emerged. Student movements are organizing across
> Europe, the Middle East and the Americas, while creative projects
> and struggles are proliferating across the world.
> To make sense of all of this, the Society of Socialist Studies
> invites graduate students to submit paper proposals for the New
> Scholars Session at the 2011Congress of the Humanities and Social
> Submissions are welcome from those who have yet to complete their
> Masters degree. Perspectives from a wide array of disciplines and
> interdisciplinaryfields are welcome, including history, political
> science and sociology, among others. Paper topics are encouraged
> from socialist, feminist, anti-racist and ecological points of view.
> Paper proposals could be in any of these areas, as well as on topics
> relating to the Society's theme, "Continental Shifts, Divisions, and
> The theme marks an attempt to grapple with global shifting and
> fragmentation of capital and power. Like other changes in the past,
> "Continental Shifts, Divisions, and Solidarities" is an attempt to
> challenge to the ways we understand the world(s) around us. This is
> a time to rethink established epistemologies, theories and
> underlying philosophies.
> Please submit abstracts (maximum of 100 words) by January 31, 2011
> to: Matthew Brett, New Scholars chair,
> email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. Contact
> Matthew for more information, or visit www.socialiststudies.ca
This is a blog recording the announcements that are sent out on the CASCA listserv.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
This blog mirrors the list-serv for the Canadian Anthropology Society. To submit an announcement to this list, please email: email@example.com
- ► 2016 (356)
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (240)
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (301)
- Appel de textes/Call for papers: Revue Diversit=?i...
- Socialist Studies: New scholars, Call for papers
- Anthropology Department at St. Thomas University (...
- CANADA-HOPE Scholarship Program (2011-2012)- Progr...
- Call for Papers: Environmental Studies Association...
- Call for Proposals: Class, Culture, and Animals: A...
- 2011 CIHR-IPPH Summer Student Employment | 2011 IR...
- International Internship Opportunity
- CASCA: Emplois/Job posting - Global Studies WLU
- CFP - CASCA 2011: The Greening of Anthropology: re...
- Invitation: Conference on Religious Revival in a p...
- Socialist Studies: New scholars, call for papers
- Mother Pelican ~ January 2011
- CFP: Graduate Anthropology Journal Vis-a-Vis
- Harvard graduate student conference on soldiering
- CASCA 2011: Reminder/Rappel - Call for Papers/Appe...
- Graduate Programmes - Canadian Studies - Edinburgh...
- Anthropology position @ Carleton
- Mardin Artuklu University (Turkey) Job Announcemen...
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (194)
- ► 2008 (151)